The House Season Two DVD is coming out tomorrow, and I had been intending on reviewing it whether or not I got a review copy from NBC Universal. But then I didn’t get one, and I haven’t felt motivated to get a start on what I could write without having the DVD in my hands. I was feeling a little burned out on House reviewing by the end of last season (not the show, just the reviewing), and I don’t seem to be completely … unburned. So even though I’ll likely pick it up tomorrow, I don’t think I’ll have the time or motivation to watch and write anything quickly, and it’s going to seem a little beside the point the longer it takes me to get it done. Besides, now I have a stack of other review materials I’m excited about that I need to prioritize because I did get review copies, which makes companies expect timely reviews, and I don’t want to get my kneecaps broken by angry PR people.
But anyway. It’s out tomorrow. Great show. Buy it.
- Anamorphic widescreen [I guess they’ve learned since last year]
- Available Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- “An Evening With House” panel discussion at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences with the cast and executive producers
- Commentary by executive producers David Shore and Katie Jacobs on the episodes “Autopsy” and “No Reason”
- Alternate takes from the episodes “Daddy’s Boy” and “Sleeping Dogs Lie” with Lisa Edelstein (Cuddy) and Jennifer Morrison (Cameron) performing, like, Valley Girl style [not exactly on the top of my extras wish list, but mildly amusing – they were on Amazon as a preview for a while]
- “It Could Be Lupus…” – A montage of clips highlighting the shows oft-repeated diagnosis [ha! glad they didn’t pick vasculitis]
- Blooper Reel
Link to prove I’m not a bad fan, I’m not: